TEAM REHAB SCHOLARSHIP
Team Rehabilitation Services has partnered with the Illinois Physical Therapy Foundation (IPTF) to award nine Illinois physical therapy students each with a $3,000 academic scholarship!
This scholarship is intended to recognize and reward Illinois student physical therapists (SPT) and student physical therapist assistants (SPTA) who exhibit superior scholastic accomplishments, and demonstrate promising potential as practical clinicians.
Current student members of the Illinois Physical Therapy Association (IPTA), who are currently enrolled in an Illinois PT/PTA program and have completed at least one clinical experience are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Nine students will be selected to each receive a one-time stipend of $3,000, funded by Team Rehabilitation. Scholarship winners will be recognized during IPTA's 2024 Assembly.
Applications for the 2024 Team Rehab scholarships will be accepted beginning November 15, 2023
Applicants must submit the following in a single PDF document to [email protected] by the application deadline:
- Complete this cover sheet that includes
- Contact information
- Demographic data (to be compiled in aggregate, not as a basis for selection but to help us ensure we are making this scholarship accessible to everyone)
- Personal Essay (no more than 500 words) describing their career objectives and highlighting what makes them a team player striving for excellence within the clinical environment
- Unofficial transcript from their PT/PTA program only (showing their GPA)
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member
- One or more letters of recommendation from clinical instructors.
All applications must be submitted by January 31, 2024.
- Applicants must be current IPTA student PT or student PTA member, in good standing with the APTA/IPTA.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing and currently enrolled in an Illinois PT/PTA program.
- Applicants must have completed at least one clinical experience.
- PT applicants who are within their second or third year of their DPT program.
- PTA applicants must be within their final year before graduation.
- Applicants must submit their applications, in their entirety, prior to the deadline specified below.
- Questions? Contact Linda Griffith at [email protected]
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2023 RECIPIENTS!
WILLIAM FASICK, SPT - University of Illinois Chicago
ANDREW KOVACHEVICH, SPT - Northern Illinois University
DANIELLE PICCIOLA, SPT, - Governors State University
DANIELLE HARKAVY, SPT - Northwestern University
KELLY HERNANDEZ, SPT- Bradley University
SENADA MEMED, SPTA- Morton College
MORGAN POWELL, SPT - Midwestern University
We were delighted to celebrate our 2023 recipients during our virtual Assembly meeting on March 18th.
Selection and Award Process
- All completed applications received by the deadline will be independently reviewed by a panel of three reviewers (two members of Team Rehabilitation and one IPTF Board of Directors member).
- Applications will be scored on a competitive basis with emphasis on the students: academic accomplishments; desire to excel and practice in the clinical environment; contribution to patient satisfaction during clinical education; ability to be a team player in the clinical environment; and evidence of advancing practical knowledge of PT.
- SPT applicants will only be considered if at least two applications have been received from their program/school. SPTA applicants will only be considered if there are at least two total SPTA applications submitted from all the PTA programs in Illinois.
- Students selected to receive scholarships will be notified by March 1, 2024. Those applicants that were not selected will also be notified by March 1, 2024.
- Scholarship winners will be recognized during the 2024 IPTA Virtual Assembly Award Ceremony on April 27, 2024 and their checks will be mailed.
Upon selection of the recipients, Team Rehabilitation will submit the scholarship funds to the IPTF, a 501(c)3, a non profit corporation, who will be responsible for the distribution of funds to the scholarship recipients.