TEAM REHAB SCHOLARSHIP
Team Rehabilitation Services has partnered with the Illinois Physical Therapy Foundation (IPTF) to award eight Illinois physical therapy students each with a $2,000 academic scholarship!
This scholarship is intended to recognize and reward Illinois student physical therapists (SPT) and student physical therapist assistants (SPTA) who exhibit superior scholastic accomplishments, and demonstrate promising potential as practical clinicians.
Current student members of the Illinois Physical Therapy Association (IPTA), who are currently enrolled in an Illinois PT/PTA program and have completed at least one clinical experience(see note in red), are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Eight students will be selected to each receive a one-time stipend of $2,000, funded by Team Rehabilitation. Scholarship winners will be recognized during IPTA's 2022 Conference/Assembly.
Thank you to the 36 students who applied. We were delighted to be able to award and recognize our 2021 recipients at our 2021 IPTA Virtual Assembly on March 6, 2021.
The application process for 2021 is closed. Please return to submit for the 2022 scholarships on November 15, 2021.
- Applications will be accepted beginning November 15, 2021.
- Applicants must submit the following in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org, by the application deadline:
- Cover letter describing their career objectives and highlighting what makes them a team player striving for excellence within the clinical environment
- Unofficial transcript from their PT/PTA program only (showing their GPA)
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member
- One or more letters of recommendation from clinical instructors.
All applications must be submitted by January 31, 2022.
- Applicants must be current IPTA student PT or student PTA member, in good standing with the APTA/IPTA.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing and currently enrolled in an Illinois PT/PTA program.
- Applicants must have completed at least one clinical experience.
- PT applicants who are graduating by May/June 2023.
- PTA applicants must be within their final year before graduation.
- Applicants must submit their applications, in their entirety, prior to the deadline specified below.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2021 RECIPIENTS!
MARISSA CAIN, SPT - University of Illinois Chicago
CAYLA CARDEN, SPT - Northern Illinois University
JOLINE CHANG, SPT, CSC - Governors State University
HEATHER CIGAS, SPT - Northwestern University
JAMES CRAVENS, SPT- Rosalind Franklin University
ASHLEY FREEMAN, SPTA- Elgin Community College
SYDNEY LAZZELL, SPT - Midwestern University
TAYLOR WRIGHT, SPT - Bradley University
We were delighted to celebrate our 2021 recipients during our virtual Assembly meeting on March 6th.
Selection and Award Process
Upon selection of the recipients, Team Rehabilitation will submit the scholarship funds to the IPTF, a 501(c)3, a non profit corporation, who will be responsible for the distribution of funds to the scholarship recipients.
- All completed applications received by the deadline will be blinded and independently reviewed by a panel of three reviewers (two members of Team Rehabilitation and one IPTF Board of Directors member).
- Applications will be scored on a competitive basis with emphasis on the students: academic accomplishments; desire to excel and practice in the clinical environment; contribution to patient satisfaction during clinical education; ability to be a team player in the clinical environment; and evidence of advancing practical knowledge of PT.
- SPT applicants will only be considered if at least two applications have been received from their program/school. SPTA applicants will only be considered if there are at least two total SPTA applications submitted from all the PTA programs in Illinois.
- Students selected to receive scholarships will be notified by March 15, 2022. Those applicants that were not selected will also be notified by March 20, 2022.
- Scholarship winners will be recognized during the 2022 IPTA Virtual Assembly/Conference and their checks will be mailed.