PT SOLUTIONS "Future leaders" SCHOLARSHIP
PT Solutions (PTS) has partnered with the Illinois Physical Therapy Foundation (IPTF) to award seven Illinois student physical therapist (SPT) and one student physical therapist assistant (SPTA) each with a $3,000 scholarship on behalf of the PTS Future Leaders Scholarship Program.
This scholarship is intended to recognize and reward Illinois physical therapy students who express an early interest in leadership, whether that be through clinical leadership or advocating for your profession. Applicants should demonstrate promising leadership potential as practical clinicians.
At PT Solutions, we provide transformative care to our community through evidence, experience, and exceptional service because everyone deserves the chance to be unstoppable. We are seeking to provide financial support for students who align with our values of living clinically through hospitality, innovation, togetherness, and integrity.
Application Packets will be accepted beginning June 15. The deadline to submit your Application Packet is August 1. For your ease, the application is a Microsoft Form that you will complete and submit directly to PT Solutions. The 2 letters of recommendation and the unofficial transcript must be submitted before the deadline in one PDF document sent to [email protected].
Application Packet Checklist
- Complete application, including essay questions
- Copy of unofficial school transcript
- Two letters of recommendation: One from a faculty member stating they are in good academic standing and displays leadership qualities. The other letter may be from a CI, places where volunteered, former employee, highlighting leadership qualities.
Selection & Award Process
Upon selection of the recipients, PT Solutions will submit the scholarship funds to the IPTF, a 501(c)3, a nonprofit corporation, who will be responsible for the distribution of funds to the scholarship recipients.
- All completed application packets received by the deadline will be independently reviewed by a panel of three reviewers (two members of PT Solutions and one IPTF Board of Directors member.)
- Application packets will be scored on a competitive basis with emphasis on the students: leadership potential; desire to excel and practice in the clinical environment; contribution to patient satisfaction during clinical education; ability to be a team player in the clinical environment; and evidence of advancing practical knowledge of PT.
- SPT applicants will only be considered if at least two applications have been received from their program/school. A minimum of two SPTA applications must be received from any Illinois PTA programs for consideration.
- Students will be notified if selected to receive the scholarship, with an invitation to GSU Networking Event on September 17 as well as invited to the IPTA’s Awards Event. Those applicants that were not selected will be notified by a member of the staff.
- Scholarship winners will receive their one time stipend of $3000 at the GSU Networking Event on September 17 or mailed if not present.
Scholarship winners will also be recognized during IPTA’s Awards Event in conjunction with the IPTA Spring Assembly.
Only applicants who are in their final year before graduation are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Current student member of the Illinois Physical Therapy Association (IPTA)
- Currently enrolled in an Illinois PT/PTA program
- In good standing with their academic institution
Completing a clinical rotation with PT Solutions is not required, but preferred.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2022 RECIPIENTS
Brittany Murphy, SPT-Midwestern University
Lauren Getz, SPT-Bradley University
Nicole Gilbert, SPT-Northwestern University
Ethan Rocha, SPT-University of IL-Chicago
Ashley Martin Metcalf, SPT-Rosalind Franklin University
TaShea' Moore, SPT-Governors State University
Quintin Wynne, SPT-Northern Illinois University
Natalia Martinez, SPTA-Elgin Community College